Thursday 6 August 2015

By Terry Ombre Blackstar Eyeshadow Stick in Ombre Mercure | Review

I have always been a huge fan of By Terry Ombre Blackstar Eyeshadow Stick since acquiring Misty Rock (maybe I should do a review on this one too). I just love how long wearing and pigmented these sticks are.




Let's talk about the packaging shall we? Its gold, its sleek with a coloured that band at the end which indicates the shadow colour inside and its easily portable. I mean, cummon, how much space can a pencil-like thingy takes!?



If you don't already know, eyeshadow sticks are of cream formula and you apply it by swiping it directly onto the lids like you would of eyeliner pencil. The creamy texture allows easy blending using either both your fingers or a brush. I prefer to blend just the outer edge of the shadow after sweeping it all over the lids.

Onto Ombre Mercure, the colour is sort of like a warm greyish beige with taupe undertone. The finish has a metallic sheen and looks beautiful on the eyes. This lasted a solid 6 hours on me before seeing signs of fading.

I just love how pigmented this is and a gentle sweeping motion on the lids gets you covered like no other. Comparing to other eyeshadow sticks (Laura Mercier, Etude House, Innisfree), this goes on more easily and doesn't tug on the lids.

All in all, a huge thumbs up from me and I think I really need to expand my collection as it me tons of time when getting ready for work and makes me look put together with minimal effort. Have you tried this already?

Rating: A

No comments: