Sunday 20 November 2016

Tarte Limited Edition Color Wheel Amazonian Clay Blush Palette Swatches & Review

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this Tarte Color Wheel Blush Palette is "I Must Have It, Like RIGHT NOW!!!"

Imagine the convenience of having 10 blushes in a single palette which is compact and with a pretty packaging. I can haz blush for dayzzzzz.....





And so, for the benefit of my readers, I decided to dip my fingers into the palette and swatch the heck out of it so that you have an idea how they are like. 




The swatches in its full glory, from top to bottom:

1. Mod
2. Deco
3. Surreal
4. Culture
5. Idol
6. Ironic
7. Crafty
8. Concept
9. Icon
10. Montage



A better look here from top to bottom:

1. Mod
2. Deco
3. Surreal
4. Culture
5. Idol
6. Ironic
7. Crafty
8. Concept
9. Icon
10. Montage

I'm going to go into detail with the colour and texture of each individual blush as they somehow fared inconsistently with good and lacking ones in terms of colour payoff and texture. 



From the top 12 o'clock position, clockwise: Mod, Deco, Surreal, Culture, Idol 




From the top: Mod, Deco, Surreal, Culture, Idol 

Mod 
In the pan - A dusky coral with brown tones
Swatched - A warm coral 
Texture - Fairly smooth
Colour Payoff - Not as pigmented, took me 4 swatches to get to this colour on my wrist

Deco 
In the pan - A bright reddish coral
Swatched - True to pan
Texture - Patchy and uneven
Colour Payoff - Quite alright, 2 swatches to get a good opacity. 

Surreal 
In the pan - A bright cool pink
Swatched - Baby pink
Texture - Smooth
Colour Payoff - Not as pigmented, took me 4 swatches to get to this colour on my wrist

Culture 
In the pan - A dusky pink with golden sheen
Swatch - A mauve pink with gold flecks
Texture - Gritty but spreads easily 
Colour Payoff - Pigmented 

Idol
In the pan - A copper with gold sheen
Swatch - A champagne tone with glitter
Texture - Gritty but spreads easily
Colour Payoff - Pigmented



From bottom 6 o'clock position, clockwise: Ironic, Crafty, Concept, Icon, Montage





From the top: Ironic, Crafty, Concept, Icon, Montage

Ironic 
In the pan - A deep rich red
Swatched - As mauve red which is almost true to pan
Texture - Fairly smooth 
Colour Payoff - Pigmented

Crafty 
In the pan: A very light champagne gold
Swatched - A cool pale beige with glitter
Texture - Gritty and patchy
Colour Payoff - Not pigmented, this colour on my arm took me 4 swatches

Concept 
In the pan - A browny nude
Swatched - A warm burnt orange
Texture - Smooth
Colour Payoff - Fairly pigmented with 3 swatches needed to get to this colour

Icon 
In the pan - A light mauve red
Swatched - A pinky red with a sheen
Texture - Fairly smooth with little patchiness
Colour Payoff - Fairly pigmented with 3 swatches needed to get to this colour

Montage 
In the pan - A deep pink
Swatched - A warm soft red
Texture - Smooth
Colour Payoff - Pigmented


Overall, I was really confused with this palette. I wanted to love it totally and whole heartedly but the performance of the palette makes me hesitant. There are hits and misses with the consistency and pigmentation of the product with the discrepancy of colour tones between seen in the pan and when swatched.

I really like the variety of highlighters and blush in a single palette however if you look closely, you'll notice some similar shades within this palette. I wish Tarte could have included a wider range of blush colour shades so that it could be a truly wonderful 10 colour blush palette with a variety of colours to choose from.


I wouldn't give this palette a high rating but would I recommend someone to buy this? It will be Of Course. Reason is that its a budget friendly palette with 10 x 2.4g blushes and highlighters for you to pick. No worries for "What blush should I wear today?" dilemma ^_^.

No comments: